Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Stitching

I didn't stitch at all on the Christmas Eve Fun stocking this weekend.  Saturday was filled up with running up the road with my parents to have lunch with my grandma and two aunts.  Later that afternoon we went over to my Dad's sisters house to help her install a wireless router and get all her computers and printer hooked up to the system.  It was nice to be off with the family.

I finished off the cow for my free standing nativity.  Here he is in all his beaded, glittery glory... Well, almost.  I still need to iron out the hoop mark.


Next up is the donkey.  I put about three stitches into him, not enough to take a picture of.  This is from the Silent Night booklet put out by Mill Hill.

This evening I worked on Crabby All Year by Raise the Roof designs.  I though I had finally acquired all the floss colors that I needed, but found I was missing two as I stitched along.  I guess I'll have to wander over to JoAnn's and pick up the two colors I know I need.  Anyway, here it is:






Being away from my 'normal' food has been disastrous for my calorie count.  I topped out at 2572 calories on Saturday, and at 2105 today.  No matter how much exercise I do, if I can't get my calories under control, the rest of the weight will not come off.  Tomorrow is a new day and a new start.

0 comments: