Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Calorie Count and Gym Report - 1/26/11

I forgot to post yesterday. Ha ha ha.  I went to the gym and did a bit of stair climber, and then decided to try out the recumbent bike.  I read somewhere to mix it up when working out so that your body doesn't get used to doing what you're doing and become so efficient at it that you don't burn as many calories.  However, I don't think I'll be doing the bike again for a couple of reasons.  1) It doesn't burn as many calories as treadmill or eliptical, and 2) For some reason, my right knee didn't like that motion at all.  I've been babying the knee all day because of it.

Stair Climber: 21 minutes. Average Speed: 3 mph.  Calories: 204.
RecumbentBike: 45 minutes. Average Speed: 10 mph.  Calories: 254.  (See bad calories burned!!)
Pedometer report: 6162 steps.  The darn thing didn't count the stair climber steps, or the peddling on the bike.

Calories Consumed: 2585.  I know what you're thinking.  I'm thinking it too!!! What the heck happened!  I'll tell you.  Six mini pecan pie tarts.  That's right, all six of those things.  I scrimped and saved my calories all day so that I could have one, and what did I do?  I ate the whole cursed package!!!  Crap.  Well... at least they are out of the house now.

And now for today's report-a-roo!

Eliptical Machine: 77 minutes. Average Speed 4.25 mph. Calories Consumed 737.  My right knee complained the whole time, but I pushed on.  I also upped the resistance a little bit so I had to work at it.  That means I worked off two of those dumb pean pie tarts.
Pedometer report: 10096, with an errand to run.

Calories Consumed: 1279.  If I can hold off on a bedtime snack, that's another pecan pie tart compensated for.

0 comments: