Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh where, oh where, can that Crock Pot be.

With the new year, I've decided to do what most of us decide to do.  Loose some weight.  For me part of the plan includes actually cooking.  Instead of eating crackers and cheese for dinner.  I figured that digging out the crock pot would help me with this endeavor.  I went into the storage room to retreive my crock pot, but was surprised to not find it.  Off I went to the loft closet to pull it off the shelves in there.  Still not there.  Closet under the stairs?  Nope.  Guest room closet?  Nope. 

Well I guess the only thing left to do is to wander over to Target and pick up a new one.  I love Target.  And I had a gift card from Christmas burning a hole in my wallet.  I wandered up and down the aisles, looked at all the options and selected "Big Red."  Here he is, all nice and still packaged up:

Home I came, and now time to find a place in the house for Big Red to live.  The most logical place would be the cupboard where the popcorn popper and blender live.  I'm sure they'd like to have a new neighbor.  Off I went to the cupboard with Red in tow.  And what's this?  What is this in here with the popper and blender?  Why it's old "Whitey"!

He's still in his box even!  So now I've got two crock pots and only one place for them to live.  I suppose I could take Big Red back... but he's red!  and oval! and 1 quart larger!  I think I'll go read some cookbooks and think about it.  But really, no one is going back to the store.

1 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

I love my crockpot - fix it and forget it. More time for stitching!

I'm learning about blogging too, shout out if you need help!