Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend Stitching

I attacked Christmas Eve Fun this weekend and I feel like I got a lot of it done.  Next weekend should get me down into the detail and lots of x's again instead of lots of /'s that I've been doing.

I finished up the sheep for the freestanding nativity.  I started in on one of the wise men, but only got half a dozen stitches in him, so no picture.

A while ago, last summer or so, I laid out the squares for a twin size quilt.  I then got side tracked and forgot about it.  Well, I discovered it again and worked a little bit on it this weekend.  I was going great guns until I broke the needle on my sewing machine.  I'll have to go in and get a packet of needles Monday sometime (and then call Mom and ask how to actually replace the needle.)  Here's how far I got sewing things together.

And for fun, here's the pin that broke the needle.  I can't say I've seen anything like this before.  Usually the pin just rolls a bit and becomes a little bent.  Nothing like this, though! (I can't seem to get it any larger with out it becoming too pixelated.)

0 comments: