Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Some progress on Candy Corn

I worked on the three little witches today while Grandma-sitting. I got quite a bit done on the carrot (orange) bottom of the candy corn.  I was right when I guessed that each bottom part would take a skein of the Weeks Dye Works floss.  I will admit that I'm a bit of a wasteful stitcher when it comes to working with overdyes.  I don't know what it is, but they just don't go as far as when I'm not having to cross every stitch as I go along.  Maybe I'll get these done in February.  Maybe not.  Just so long as they're done by Christmas.
A few weeks ago I entered a contest to guess the combined score of the Packers/Bears game, and you had to be a Packers fan.  Long story short, I came in second place, but I won a prize anyway.  I choose three leaflets and was surprised to receive five!  Here's my little prize.  I'm really excited for the Lizzie*Kate pattern and the stocking with the santas. The contest runner doesn't have a blog, so nothing to link to.  Sorry!
Okay.  I think that's it from me for today.  I can't believe I came up with four whole things to write about.  Now to take a picture of my TUSAL jar to post tomorrow.

0 comments: