Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl Spread

Okay, so I went a little crazy and cooked too much.  But sometimes I just want to party, even if I'm the only invited attendee.  So here is what I made to watch that silly little football game that is on today.
Clockwise from the top: Baked Potato Poppers, Empty Plate, Marinara sauce, Pizza Roll-ups, sour cream, sliced black olives, guacamole, Nacho cheese sauce, tortilla chips, Chili, and over next to the guacamole is seasoned ground beef.  I think I'll post the recipe for my chili in a few days for an event that Tidy Mom is going to be hosting later in February.  I like it, my trainer begs for me to bring him bowls of it, so that's good enough to share.

I feel pretty successful with my cooking attempts this week.  I will say that I cut the pizza roll-ups too thick and thus didn't get the crust cooked all the way through.  No worries, I just threw them back into the oven for a few more minutes.  As for the baked potato poppers, next time I think I'll leave them in the oven for a few more minutes as well.  A bit more of a crunch to the top would have been nice, but they taste yummy all the same.  I told my trainer what I was cooking for the game, and he nearly invited himself over.  I'll save some of the potato poppers for him.

Since I'm just a bit crazy, and believe in truth in advertising... Here's the mess in my kitchen that needs to be washed and put away.
I guess I'll start running loads in the dishwasher now! And then it's stitching time. Wooooo!

Take care, y'all.

0 comments: