Friday, August 12, 2011

Some stash, some stitching

Yesterday I got to spend the evening with a good friend from college.  She now lives back east and was out here visiting friends and family.  On my way to meet with her, I had to stop in at the Craft Center.  I bought some fabric for Rosewood Manors "Inspiration", and a handful of Lizzie*Kate charts (I think I'm addicted.), and a small pair of scissors that had a purple handle.  There was no way I could turn down purple scissors!  Here's the haul (along with the flosses for Inspiration that I picked up last weekend when JoAnn was having a floss sale).


When I was putting my charts away, I discovered that I'd already purchased the Tiny Tidings chart!  That must mean it's time to make a list of what I have and start carrying it with me.  It'd be nice if there was 'an app for that'.  So... if anyone is in need of a brand spanking new Tiny Tidings XV I'd like to sell it to you for what I paid for it ($8), with free shipping to the US!

Since I was posing, I took a picture of Bless Our House.  It was a stressful week at work and I didn't get to stitch at lunch as much as I usually do.  I expect to be done with the roof top next week, barring any disasters.


Reading the thread about floor stands on the 123 Stitch message board has led me to the Stitch Mate.  It looks like a really nice stand.  From what I can see in the base, it's sturdy.  I wonder if they can make it a little bit taller for me.  The FAQ states that the clamp height is adjustable up to 30 inches.  So I got out a tape measure and sat in all the chairs I stitch in and came to the conclusion that 30 inches is too low.  I'd be hunched over the fabric like Quasimodo.  I think I need a clamp height of about 38 to 40 inches.  I suppose I could e-mail them and ask.  I also wonder if it's reversible, if it can be used on the left side of the chair and the right side of the chair.  All the pictures show it on the same side of the chair. ... I know, I know, e-mail and ask them.  I'm just typing aloud to myself is all.

The weekend is here! Yay!  More putting away stuff from the move, and not nearly enough stitching.  I miss being unemployed for the unlimited hours to stitch that I had.  I wish I knew how to make a living wage by cross stitching. But enough ho-humming.  I'm going to get that pile of leaves done on Crabby All Year.  Then I can move onto a new block!

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

0 comments: