Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Framed!

A week ago I took a few things up to my framer Mary.  Yesterday I picked up the finished products.

First up is Christmas Rules by L*K.  We thought we were framing it the same as what I used for the Christmas Double Flips series.  We didn't.  I didn't figure that out until I got the piece home.  Oh well.  It looks just fine in the frame we did choose for it.


For hanging, I paired it up with the Christmas double flips and hung them over my bed, on either side of a Monet print that I had hanging there.  The lamp is for when I sit up in bed and cross-stitch.  Gotta have lamps everywhere!  The camera angle is funny because I was trying to avoid the glare from the flash.


I also brought home this Pansy Bouquet.  This is one of the first things I stitched.  I know I was just learning because my top stitches are going every which way.  I think the leaflet is called Country Bouquets, and if my stuff wasn't still half packed and half unpacked, I'm sure I could find it.  We went with a simple frame with just a touch of detail.  I think it looks great!


The last thing that I had framed is something that my Mom stitched for me 30 or so years ago.  She had self framed it and it was being held in the frame with masking tape.  The piece itself was getting a bit dirty, and the frame was kinda banged up as well.  I asked Mary to re-stretch it and add glass and spacers.  I kept the banged up frame because that's part of this pieces history.  This one should be good to go for another 30 years or so.


I hung these two pieces, plus another one I did a while back, between the door and the mirror to my dresser.  It's a column of me!  I almost got away with no glare in the photo!  Close, but not quite, eh.


Now to save my pennies so I can get a few more things framed.  I've still got the wall space to fill!

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

0 comments: