Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Death of a Camera

My camera has died.  I guess I know what I'm putting on my Christmas list for this year.  There are only 124 sleeps to go! (There's an app for that... and it was free!)  So I borrowed Mom's camera for the update.

How is your Christmas Stitching going?  I'm doing some serious progress on the Zombies block.  I think there's just as much black on this as there was brown on the other block... but I'll stitch happily with black and grumble at brown.  Go figure.


I put more snow into the scene with the Wisemen on my Heirloom Nativity Sampler.  It sure does feel like I'm moving slow on this one.  But a little bit at a time will eventually get it all done.


And for the Monday L*K SAL, I started on ABC Christmas.  I put about an hour into it, and feel good with my progress.  I know I'm a slow stitcher already...

I'm trying to decide if I want to work my way up to the upper left hand corner, or just go down from here.  It doesn't really matter as the whole thing needs to be stitched eventually.  Mmmm... Sparkly fabric.

Today I took in my Christmas Rules to be framed.  It should be back in a week or so.  The gal that I use is really reasonable and does framing out of her house.  She does a lot of conservation type framing, and I know my stuff is in good hands.  She hasn't had a lot of business with the down economy, which is the reason for the quick turn around.  ... I just realized that the framing stock I picked for Christmas Rules doesn't match what I chose for the Christmas Double flips.  It looks great... but I wanted the framing to match... to call or not to call... Ugh!

Well, that's all I've got to say for now.
Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

0 comments: