Sunday, August 28, 2011

gathering up finishing materials

Mom and I went to a fabric shop Saturday and I picked up some fabric to finish off a few of my recent projects.


This will be finished off into a little wall hanging.  I thought the purple was a good match to the purple I used in the wording, and a good contrast with the blue.  Now I just have to talk Mom into taking a few minutes out of her quilting schedule to do this for me.


This fabric will be for the back of my nativity figures.  I like how it has a nice molted feel to it.  I'm on the look out for a nice cording to go around the outside edge of these guys once we get them sewn up.  Another project that I'm going to have to talk Mom into.

One of my LNS' called to say that the fabric I wanted had come in.  It's a nice 32 ct. cream linen.  So average I didn't take a picture of it.  They also had all of the new L*K patterns... So I had to buy them.


Which reminds me, once again I forgot to pick up the flosses for Tiny Tiding XV so I can give it away properly!!  I am such a ditz.  I did buy some flosses, though...


I was unsure how some of those flosses would look on my purple fabric.  With the picture I can see that they will turn out just well.  I really really want to start in on this one!  But it needs to get in line behind Christmas ABC and Christmas by the Letter...  Maybe I'll start it anyway... because I can!

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

0 comments: