Saturday, November 19, 2011

Crafty-Stitchy Night

This is an evening I look forward to each month.  I started it because I wanted to get together with my friends more often and what better excuse than to be crafty?  We've been meeting back and forth since I sold my condo, and tonight it was my turn to host.  Unfortunately LBH came down with a nasty cold and couldn't make it.  LMS was able to come, and MD couldn't come due to her work schedule.

LMS brought some banana bread (yum) and I set her up to stitching on the Stitchmate.  She's a Q-Snap stitcher and I wanted to see how well the adapter worked.  The answer is the adapter works very well.  And I may have made a Stitchmate covert out of LMS. 

I worked on Christmas ABC's and she worked on a Shepherds Bush stocking for her hubby.  We discussed a little of this and that and hardanger class.  LMS had borrowed a few books with hardanger patterns and before too long we were flipping through the books and a few magazines that I had, while pondering what to do for our Thanksgiving homework.  I rediscovered the hardanger ornament from the Nordic Needle in this years ornament issue of Just Cross Stitch.  I think this will be prefect for my 'masterpiece'.  Now I just need more colors!  More Christmas colors!  LMS found some good ideas for her homework and I can't wait to see what she comes up with.

Of course, since we were gabbing and looking at books, I didn't get much stitching done.  But there is some progress!


I am toying with the idea of stitching Christmas stuff in December.  I have a plethora of things to do since Christmas is one of my design loves.  The other is pansies.  I shall have to give this some more thought, since I'll have to put Flower Power aside for a bit.  I'm a little afraid I won't get back to it if I do put Flower Power aside for Christmas stitching!

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

1 comments:

cucki said...

i love it..beautiful xx