Sunday, September 11, 2011

A weeks worth of stitching

Hello! It was a good week as far as stitching goes, and here is the run down.

Crabby All Year saw some good time, and I finished up a block and started the borders on the very last block.  I was going to put this aside in favor of doing a small, quick stitch, but now I'm thinking that I should just press forward and finish this up.


Work was a little hectic this week, as it always is after a three day weekend, so I didn't get to put as much time into Bless Our House as I normally would.  I think "aw, so cute" every time I pick t his up to stitch or look at it.


I moved to the other side of the Heirloom Nativity for the bands of specialty stitches I'm working on.  I'm not getting any better at the scotch stitch.  You'd think with such a simple stitch I could get the things to be nice and uniform.  This has not been the case.  But I'm not going to fret over it!


I am gathering up supplies to start in on Flower Power.  I went to a knitting shop with a friend this weekend and picked up all the metallics that I'll need.  Why a knit shop would have a full selection of DMC and Anchor threads, plus the Krenik metallics, I don't know.  But I didn't have to go to Ogden to get them, so that's alright.


Although I do want to go up to Ogden and Shepherds Bush to see what fun new stuff they have (and fun old stuff that I'm just discovering).  That shop is like a treasure trove of this, that, and the other, all stitching related.

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

0 comments: