Sunday, July 31, 2011

A stitching update!

The little projects saw some good time put in this week.  There was lots of here, there, and in between time that I filled.  A fellow I know calls me industrious because I stitch when ever there is some down time.  I see it more of a "there's never enough time to do what I love, so I've gotta do it when I can" sort of thing.  Anyway, the run down for this week.

I have a finish!  I finished the last bits on Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus this morning at church.  So sparkly! So lovely!  Needs ironing! Now I just need to decide how to finish off the whole set of figurines... (It is stitched straight, I just can't get the camera lined up square.)
I knew that I stood a good chance of finishing this off before the end of the meeting, and I didn't have time to get my next church piece all put together, so I took along Cross Stitcher in Residence.  It was all gathered up and easy to put in my church bag.  I got a good chunk done on it too.  I expect a finish sooner than later.  I already know how I want this to be finish-finished up.
When I got home, I put away the flosses and what not from the Nativity set, and got out the next church project and put it away.  I'd put some time into it before hand when I was just visiting my Grandma S. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  It is the Heirloom Nativity Sampler by The Victoria Sampler.  I even ordered all of the silk flosses way-back-when to stitch it with.  I must not be a very discerning stitcher because I can't really tell the difference between silks and cotton.  I'm sure that's akin to blaspheme to some, but it's true.  On the other hand, I don't have much trouble with DMC, GAST, WDW, or CC flosses tangling like some ladies seem to have.  Anyway... enough rambling on that front.  Here is the 'start' picture for the HNS.
Bless Our House went along quite well, as well.  I feel like I got tons done on it.  I guess it's the big block of blue where I don't have to do a lot of serious counting or looking at the pattern all time time.  I've almost got the body of the house on.  Yay!  I'm no where near done with this one, and I'm already planning on what is going to be my next 'at work' project.
And last on the list of updates is Crabby All Year.  Some how I managed to sneak in some time on it.  I got the garbage bag all done, and that big branch too.  Now it's on to lots and lots of brown for a pile of leaves.  I wish I liked stitching with brown more.  But I don't.  This might be a 'put up with it' fest for the next little while.  Looking at this, I can't believe I'm almost done with it.  Three more months to go, then put the buttons and finishing details on it, and Done!
I stand a good chance of getting it done for Mom for Christmas.  I've already got next years Mom project picked out.  Inspiration by Rosewood Manor.  I think I'm going to take a bit of a break on the big projects for Mom after that. ... Or maybe not.  We'll see if anything strikes her fancy.  She's a quilter, and I'm the stitcher so we trade.  She makes quilts for me, I make cross stitch things for her.  It works out well.

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

0 comments: