Monday, July 18, 2011

L*K Monday Stitch-a-long

I did it!  I managed to pull out some floss and fabric and did some stitching today for the Lizzie*Kate Lover's Monday Stitch-a-long.  And since it was not a normal day, I actually got to work on it for a good chunk of time.

It's stitched straight... I just can't take a picture straight.  I am working on a 32 count fabric called Summer Breezes.  I'm not really sure who produced it as I purchased it from a fellow stitcher.  I'm also using flosses pulled out of my stash, using one here and there.... Whatever I think looks good.  I think it is turning out super cute!  The pattern is Cross Stitcher in Residence, by Lizzie*Kate, of course!

Tonight the family went out to eat for my birthday (which was last week).  I decided to go to The Outback Steakhouse.  It was one of the nicest evenings we've had eating out in a long time!  I think a lot of that had to do with it being a Monday and not everyone else in the world eating out.  Low stress!  The place wasn't crowded, the radio wasn't turned up full blast and I could hear all the conversations around the table, the food was grood, and I ate all of my steak and sweet potato fries... I don't normally eat the whole thing.  But it was sooooo tasty tonight.

When the waiter asked if we were out celebrating tonight, I started to shake my head slightly no, but my SIL nodded her head very vigorously.  She told him it was for my birthday.  "Oh dear." I thought "Now comes the horrible singing and clapping and going on."  I think our waiter noticed that I didn't really want a big deal made of it, but he had fun teasing me a bit.  He leaned over and fake yelled "Happy Birthday" into my ear.  Heh heh heh.  Some time later he came back with the free desert, set it down in front of me, and said "Okay, everyone ready?"  I braced myself for the singing.  Then he said "Happy Birthday!" and that was it.  Whew!  What a relief!  I wasn't going to be the big center of a noisy song.  And the fudge sundae was yummy.  I shared with everyone.

I've been working on going through all of my stuff and getting rid of what I don't need.  We are doing the classic "Trash, Donate, Keep" method.  I think we sent a truckful of old clothing and what-not to DI already. And there's still more to go!  I've discovered my collection of Barbies, My Little Pony, and Legos.  That's good stuff.  There's also been a box full of pictures from my freshman year in college.  That's about 17 years ago!  I didn't recognize half of the people in them!  Oh well.  It looked like we were having a good time.

Remember this picture from the other day?
I wanted to say something more about the little glass cup there.  It was put together with the flower frog by the Craft Center ladies for a scissor frog.  It's so cute!  And it matches this larger one I bought from them a month or so ago.  Here they are together.
I love the cherry design and the soft pink color of the glass.  I wish I knew what the pattern was called.  Although, I know me and my tendency to go crazy and collect things, so maybe it's better that I have no idea about the pattern.  I wish I could take a better picture of them.  But as I've learned with the TUSAL posts, glass is hard to get a good picture of.  If you know anything about this pattern, please drop me a line and let me know what it is.  I'd appreciate it!

I also signed all the closing papers on the house today.  I went and visited the house one last time and took some pictures.  It made me really sad.  The miracle is that the house went from listing to closing in about 60 days, and I broke even.  Didn't loose a dime, even when including all the fees, commissions, and insurances one has to pay.  Time to start saving up for the next house... Or a cruise... Aunt LJ has a great cruise she and friends are going on next summer.  Maybe I'll tag along.

Hugs and Stitches!
Kay :)

0 comments: