Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Weekend Stitching

It's amazing how fast time rolls by when one isn't paying attention.  I didn't stitch on Crabby All Year last week, so no update on it for now.  (I'm filling in a big area of gray which doesn't hold my attention for very long...)  I finished up Mr. Wiseman 3 for the freestanding nativity.  He's very sparkly!

Two more wisemen and the Holy family are left to stitch up.  I'm already trying to figure out what my next church project is going to be.  Probably another Nativity.

I got a few hours of stitching in on Christmas Eve Fun.  Mostly in the trees there on the left, and the kid's jacket there in the middle.  Lots of color changes and trying to figure out what I'm going to do next.

And lastly, with Mom's help, I got the borders sewn on to my Charm Pack & Stars quilt top.  Maybe next weekend I'll be able to get it on Mom's long arm sewing machine and get it quilted up.  I want to buy a cute flannel to go on the back of it.  You can see the purple stars better in this picture.  Outside light is really the best, isn't it.

I had a few other non-stitching adventures last week, too.  The most important thing that I learned had to do with snow...

On Friday we got a late spring, heavy, wet, snowfall.  When I left Grandma's house to go to the gym, my arms were full with my gym bag, computer, purse, and what-not.  I figured that I could just throw all my stuff into the trunk of the car and then go ahead and scrape off the car.  Everything went well until it was time to close the lid of the trunk... And then two inches of heavy wet snow slid off the trunk lid and back window into the trunk and all over my stuff.  Argh!!!  I got to use my bare hands to get as much of the snow out of my trunk as I could before heading off to the gym.  By the time I got to my parents house, I pretty much had a cold cold puddle swishing around in the trunk of my car.  Bummer.  But, Hey!!! Lesson learned.  Never open the trunk to the car when covered with snow.

0 comments: