Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Stitching

Since I was mostly sewing, not a lot of stitching happened.  I did put in a few stitches on Christmas Eve Fun and here it is.
The new stitches are mostly white and peach and light purples/blue.  And I've got another bad picture.  I really need to learn how to have more patience when doing these.  Instead of the one shot and good enough.

Since I finished reading The Fellowship of the Rings, I decided to watch the movie version on Sunday as I was shredding up my last box of stuff.  Since the shredder makes a lot of noise, I turned on the subtitles and partially read the movie as well.  I enjoyed it, so much so that I put in the Two Towers when Fellowship was done with, and the subtitles went back on.  By the time I was done with the first disc of Two Towers, I was done with my shredding.  And in went disc two and I kept the subtitles on.  (I think I've grown fond of reading my TV thanks to the time spent at the gym.)  Good thing I did, too.  I think it's more aptly titled Mumbleship of the Rings.  Good grief, did anyone know how to enunciate?

Since I was watching, I threw in the last movie too.  I started around noon and finished up around midnight.  I will say that I did take time to get dinner made, and popcorn, and spent an hour on skype chatting with my sister.  I didn't feel like I'd spent the day in idleness since I did get a lot of work done on the shredding project.  One last defense is that I've never watched them back to back to back, and I think the last time I watched any of the movies was five or so years ago.

Other things I noticed as I was watching, was that I can't tell Merry and Pippin apart and why does it seem like everyone has a cleft chin?  Was that a requirement during casting?  When the movies first came out I learned a lot about how things were done since I love the behind the scenes sort of stuff.  I'd catch myself thinking, model, styrofoam blocks, shot in a squash court, Andy ripped Sean's wig off in an earlier take of this scene, only 20 or so actors and the rest is computer generated, and so on and so forth.  I need to stop learning about how things are made so I can more easily enjoy movies.  Maybe that's why I love the basic romantic comedy.  There's usually not much on the way of fight scenes, car chases, or special effects for me to ponder over and figure out how they did that.

Alright, enough rambling about movies and LotR.  I think it's time to work on Crabby All Year.

0 comments: