Monday, March 14, 2011

Crabby and Weekend stitching update.

I finished up the third block for Crabby All Year right on time.  I didn't get to start on the fourth block, so I've got lots to do on it this week.  This week is Stitchy-Crafty Night, so I can take it with me and stitch a bit more on it on Wednesday.  It's looking quite nice thus far:
I'll save the buttons to sew on at the very end of the project.  They get too much in the way of the hoop.

As per usual, I headed for my parents house Friday afternoon.  Along the way I stopped off at the bank and then had my car serviced.  It was time to change the oil and rotate the tires.  Spa day for the car.  No one was home when I got there.  They'd all gone to a wedding of a cousin down in Arizona.  I wished I'd been able to go, as I love seeing Mom's side of the family, plus there's an awesome cross stitch shop about 5 miles from Grandma and Grandpa's house.

I got a little sidetracked and didn't even get Christmas Eve Fun out to work on!  I didn't touch it at all!  I did put in a couple of hours on Wiseman 3 on Sunday.  He's now got his cape partially on, a beard, a face and hands.  It might take a week or two more to get him done.  Sooooooo many beads and color changes.  Here he is:
On Saturday, I noticed that my neighbors were in the process of moving out.  They had a good job opportunity come up several hours south of here and mom and kids had been splitting time between here and there.  So I got out my Mom's baking stuff and made a batch of chocolate chip cookies for them.  I figured everyone would appreciate a bit of a snack after all the moving, carrying, hauling, and packing.  I did change up the cookies a bit.  Instead of putting in chocolate chips, I chopped up some of those new Reese's mini peanut butter cups.  You can find them in the candy aisle and not the baking aisle.  The cookies turned out very good and were well received.  Next time I bake them with the pb cups, I'll cut down on the salt that I add to the dough.  The cookies were a bit too salty, but not enough to dissuade you from eatting a dozen in a sitting.  I kept 6 and gave the rest to the neighbors.  I didn't even bother to take a picture.

Sunday after church, I packed up and headed back to my house.  Once there, I started a batch of chili from the recipe I posted in February.  It turned out yummy.  I also baked a few cornbread muffins from a Jiffy mix.  Those are pretty good for 47 cents a box.  While the chili cooked, I worked a bit on getting the house ready to sell.  I packed up a tv and a dvd/vcr player to give to a friend who can use them.  The other tv will wait until my friend and hubby come to pick them up.  It's just too big for me to handle all on my own.  I'll be left with one tv, and that is plenty.

My house is in an awful, awful state right now.  Shredded bit of paper in drifts on the floor (where they fell when I was trying to empty the shredder into a garbage bag), Christmas stuff that is partially still up and partially put away, and boxes for my knick-knacks to be put away.  Basically my closets are empty and what was in the closet is strewn about the house.  It's depressing, really.  I spend the one or two hours a day I have there trying to get things organized.  I think I might need some help with that mess.  Any volunteers?

My silly way to motivate me to keep on the exercise/eat right path worked out well the first week.  I met my goal of  exercising 5 days a week and eating right 7 days a week.  I even exercised a sixth day!  Too keep track of my 'earnings' I made a fake account in my Quicken and added 'money' as I earn it.  Yes, I'm a crazy past accountant.  To add to the crazy, I found my chart that details the mileage to walk from Hobbiton to Rivendell.  Yes, I'm a bit of a Lord of the Rings geek.  I enjoyed the movies, and love the books.  So I made up a nice chart in Excel so I can track my mileage better.  I am now walking through the woods on my way to Old Man Willow and Tom Bombadills house. (Since I'm reading the books right now too... The fellowship has just come out of Moria.)  If I had time, maybe I'll dig my copy of the movies out and give them a watch when I get to the end of the first of the books.  Maybe.

0 comments: