I was a lazy girl earlier in the week and didn't work on my L*K Christmas ABC's on Monday night like I usually do. No worries. I'll get to it when I get to it. I'm not a stitcher that sets goals for what I want to accomplish during any given period of time. I'm actually anti-goal. Goals are just ways to prove failure in my experience, and are therefore to be avoided.
I did do some stitching this week though, no need to fret! Something Wicked saw some good progress at work this week. I am doing the lettering with CC's Brown Sugar, and the boot thus far is CC's Rainy Day. I do love me some purple floss.
I spent some time in the evenings working on the first day lily on flower power. I'm about to the point where I need to roll the scroll rods a bit so I can get to the last couple of petals I have left. I've managed to work my first counting error in and unless you're counting every stitch, you can't tell where it is. I haven't quite got to the rest of the petal where the second error is, but I've been giving it some thought as to how to work with it. I'll probably just make something up while I'm going along.
Satuday I got it into my head that I wanted to make a few scissor fobs for some of the scissors I have that don't have one yet. So I unearthed my beading box and spread the contents out all over my bed.
And set to work making fobs. The Halloween one on the purple scissors went together quick and easy. I need to find a cute charm or something for the end of the fob, but for now there's an empty jump ring waiting for something appropriately spooky. The fob on the little gold scissors went together quite easily as well. I wanted something kind of gardeny and I think I accomplished that no worries. Now, the pink fob on the pink scissors was something I agonized over... And I don't even know why. I knew I wanted to used the little glass drop as the end piece, and the breast cancer ribbon bead in there somewhere too. I think I strung, unstrung, designed, redesigned, put together and took apart that dumb fob 6 or 7 times before I decided to just let it be. I still might cut it apart and try again at a later date.
While wandering the aisles of the craft store I came across some bitty magnets in the scrapbook section. They have adhesive on one side of the magnet. Half have the adhesive on the positive side of the magnet, the other half have the adhesive on the negitive side. Cool! I also came across some purple 'flower centers'. I have no idea what you use flower centers for in scrapbooking. But they were cute, and I had an idea. I also bought some of the flower shaped bottle caps after seeing them made into needle minders on another blog. (I'll post a link if I can find that post again!)
Anyway, I took my adhesive magnets and attached a flower center to the positive side of one, and took the negative magnet and made a cute little needle minder. Don't worry, it's not adhered to my fabric, but I need to put something on the other adhesive side so I don't accidentally stick it to something.
Sorry about the out of focus. I was too close too the subject for my cameras focal length. You'll just have to trust me that it's really cute. And the magnets are nice and strong. It holds my needle tightly. I love it! And I have 9 more magnet sets left, so I'm on the look out for other things to adhere to them.
Hugs and Stitches,