Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The midweek report

Hello and welcome to all of you.  I'm so excited to see that I have new blogs to start reading!  My Google Reader is starting to be busy. I love it!

We are having our first fall/winter storm, and I must say that I don't like it. At. All.  It seems like Summer was so long in arriving and was so very short.  I just am not ready for Fall.

Monday was weigh day at the gym.  I only lost 1 lb. for the month of September, but lost 5 and 7/8th inches over all.  My waist and hips saw the biggest reduction at 2 inches and 1 and a half inches respectively.  I'm happy with that.  I just need to keep going to the gym and keep trying to eat healthy.

My super long scroll rods arrived on Monday.  Yippiee!  Since Monday was L*K stitch along, I didn't get them out.  But on Tuesday, I did get them out, rolled my fabric, and started in on Flower Power.  Here's something for comparison:

Halloween Rules is on 20 inch scroll rods:


Here is Flower Power on the 36 inch scroll rods.


And I'm so excited, there isn't any sag!  Well, if there is, it's very minimal and I'm not noticing it.  I didn't get many stitches put in, but here they are:


The picture of the fabric on the scroll rods is a better idea of the color of the fabric.  Note too that I am stitching this sideways.  The top of the fabric is to the right, and the bottom is to the left.  I'm off to Hobby Lobby later to get a color of floss that I'm missing for this batch of flowers.  I was missing four colors and JoAnn's had three of them.  Oh well... spread the wealth.

Here is my progress on Christmas ABC's for the L*K Monday SAL.  I found the upper corner and got the big letters in on my three words.  I think next Monday will be mostly stitching in white.


Thank you so much for all of your lovely comments.  I am inspired to comment more on the blogs I visit.  It really does make a persons day.

Here's a question for you... Would you like a short video on the workings of my StitchMate?  I know when I was researching I had a hard time finding pictures that adequately described what it did and how it worked.  I love the dumb thing.  I'm still only a hand and a half stitcher, but I'm working on it!

And lastly... Don't forget my small Giveaway that ends Saturday.  Details on how to enter are listed on this entry.

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

6 comments:

Denise said...

Is Flower Power by Crossed Wing? If so -- oh my goodness - it'll be beautiful! This is one that I will be following closely.

What are the silver things on your LK? I'm guessing some sort of clips. I don't use hoops and I am not up on all the stuff for them.

katica said...

Wow nice scroll rods! and what size difference!

I would love a video on how the stitch mate works. I have a lap stand - an Elan and do love it, but have always looked at regular sized stands. It won't work in my stitchy corner right now, but maybe later and for future reference :O)

Keep practicing that two handed stitch, you will get the hang of it!

Rahenna said...

I'd like to see a video about your stand, I've never used one and don't really understand how they work. I'm all qsnaps all the time. :)

Lesleyanne said...

Your scrolls look great. I still use hand held hoops. Lovely progress on your wips.

cucki said...

yup..the scrolls are looking so great..i love them..very great progress on your wip..i love them so much..
keep well and have a lovely stitching time xx

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Hi Kay

I am on the 123stitch message board and I found your blog through your last post when you posted all of your wip's. I love all of your WIP's and I am now a follower of yours. I too have a blog and here is the link

http://lindakscreativityworks.blogspot.com

You are making great progress on all of your WIP's. I sure love your Fabric that you are stitching Halloween Rules on. That is sure beautiful.

Where did you get your 36 inch Scroll Rods from? I am just curious.

Keep up with your beautiful stitching

Take care & Happy Stitching
Hugs :) from Cold Northern Indiana
Linda K, Railroad