Sunday, October 23, 2011

Some weekend stitching

Well, I don't think I'm going to get back to my L*K Halloween Rules anytime soon.  I'm having too much fun with Flower Power to switch out the scroll rods that my StitchMate is holding.  Now, swapping out what is being held is super easy, but Halloween Rules just isn't speaking to me right now.  It might have to become the L*K Monday night project after I get Christmas ABC's done.

And now that I've rambled on a bit, let's get down to what I did stitch on.  I finished up the white lacy band on the Heirloom Nativity Sampler today at church and moved up to a band that will be of the shepherds.  Still stitching with white because those silly shepherds are out in the snow.  I predict a lot of upside down stitching in my future as I'm working my way up from the middle right now.


On Saturday, I put in some good work on Flower Power.  I've finished up the stitching and am working on the backstitch on this flower.  I'm not too keen on the way the one petal to the lower left turned out.  I had a counting error on it and didn't want to frog because by the time I'd figured out I had a problem, it was a little too late.  So I fudged it.  I might not be happy with it, but I am not frogging!!!


I am trying to decide if I want to put in the couching bits before I move onto the next flower or not.  I think I could do it here as there's not another flower close by that these things would run into.  I've never couched anything before, so I'm a little apprehensive about doing it. But... There's a first time for everything, and I'm sure it won't be that bad or hard to do.

I had hoped to get the rest of the backstitching done today, but it was one of those busy Sunday's where I was out visiting people, or they were over visiting me.  Perhaps I'll get to move onto the next flower this week.  It's taken me about three weeks to get this flower done.  At that rate, I think I'll be working on Flower Power for the next couple of years.  I'd better not think about it and just do it.

This past Wednesday was crafty-stitchy night and we met over at LB's house.  As always we had a good time working on our projects and just chatting away.  We're thinking of doing a weekend retreat sometime next March, but are having a bit of a time trying to come up with a place to stay.  No kids (for a change of pace), and no cats/dogs (allergies) are our rules so you'd think that'd open up a world of possibilities.  Add that we're all mostly broke, and the possibilities narrow right back down.  Oh well, I'm sure we'll come up with something between now and then.

While there, LB introduced me to something evil.  Now, I have a weak spot for anything collectable. And I try hard to not get into collecting things because it's usually on the expensive side.  (Take a look at this here hobby I blog about.)  And I love Lego.  Well curse those Lego people because they've made collectable Lego people.  And added a hint of gambling to it. (Think collectable baseball cards.) You buy a package, you have no idea what's in it, and you are getting 1 of 16 mini figures.  I had no idea they existed, and now I do.  I had to pick up a few packages at Target when I was there the other day.  Here are the figures I ended up with:


Aren't the fun?  I now needed a place to keep these little people, so I dug out a tin from one of my boxes of packed stuff and threw them in.  Collecting.  It's a sickness, I tell you!  I know I'll have to pick up another mystery package or two now on my weekly trips to Target.  Grrrr... another collection.  Just like I need another hole in my head.

I hope your week is stitchy and productive!
Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

3 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Love your Heirloom Nativity progress, though I hadn't ever pictured the shepherds in snow. Interesting thought! It will be fun to see how you solve the allergy free get together. Keep us posted!

cucki said...

i love the heirloom nativity sampler and it is so lovely..great progress..
have a lovely day.
hugs from cucki xx

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Kay

I just adore all of your stitching that you do...I really admire you because you get alot done and you have many projects going at the same time.

I love watching your progress on all of your WIP's. I love Flower Power on that material...that is going to look so neat when you get it done.

Happy Stitching