Sunday, October 2, 2011

Dance with me now!

Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by and following along.  I shall be looking y'all over in search of new blogs for ME to follow.  I do love to see what everyone is working on.  As for me, I have a finish.  I put the last stitches into Crabby All Year, and sewed all the buttons on!  Woot woot! (as the unhip say...)


I decided to use invisible thread to stitch all those buttons on, even though I hate invisible thread.  It was that, or spend hours trying to match up floss colors to button colors, and after a few minutes of that my "I don't care, just get it done" attitude tends to pop up.  Anyway... I'm really glad to have this one all finished up.  Now to save up a little money so I can have it framed up for Mom for Christmas.

I put my L*K Halloween Rules into the stand and have been working along on that today.  It will be in the rotation where Crabby All Year was, getting the majority of my time.  I did start to pull the flosses that I will need for Flower Power.  I have a good many of them:


I am missing 33 colors.  I'm sure I have enough to get a good start on what ever part of the chart I decide to start on, and I am keeping an eye out on those JoAnns, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby ads for a floss sale.  I have to wait for my 36" scroll rods to arrive too.  I will be stitching this puppy sideways.  That will be a first for me, and it will be interesting to see how it goes.

In case you haven't seen it, I'm having a small giveaway as detailed in my post of October 1st.  Wander by and check it out if you would like a chance.

As always,
Hugs and Stitches
Kay

10 comments:

Denise said...

Scrolled down hoping to see Flower Power - I didn't see the pattern but oh my, I LOVE your new red shoes!!!

And Crabby is way too cute!

CalamityJr said...

Crabby is such a fun theme. Glad you enjoyed it! Flower Power takes a ton of floss! Can't wait to see you working on it.

Shannon said...

Wonderful job on Crabby All Year! :)

Kaisievic said...

Crabby is such a fun and cute design - lovely finish - have a happy happy dance. Good luck with your new start to come.

Hugs, Kaye

cucki said...

hello dear, this is really a very sweet finish.i love it with my heart..a big well done..
happy stitching with your next project..
love and hugs cucki xx

cucki said...

hello dear, i showed this lovely picture "crabby all year"to my family and they all love it so much too like me..can you please tell me who is the designer of this lovely chart?please i will be very happy.
thank you..hope to hear from you soon..hugs cucki xx

Blu said...

Congrats on finishing Crabby!
I can't believe that you're planning on tackling Flower Power. It looks like a monster!

Unknown said...

Such a cute design, I've never personally stitched anything like that but I must say I like it!

In your hunt for new blogs to look at feel free to come and have a look at mine..... I'm an HAED addict I'm afraid to say LOL!

http://gizzimomosstitchyplace.blogspot.com/

Terri said...

Hi! Just wanted to say hello and that I'm a new follower. Your latest finish is just adorable! And you're ambitious to do Flower Power!! Wowsa! Can't wait to see the start!

www.rosystitches.blogspot.com

katica said...

love your finish! Congrats!!!

that is a lot of floss! I've stitched upside down before but never sideways (yet!)

good luck with flower power, it will be a stunner once done. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress pictures!