Sunday, April 15, 2012

The week that was

Yeah, I know... An unoriginal title. But what can you do when your mind is half asleep and there are still tons of things that need to get done before the end of the day?

This week was just as busy as the previous weeks, the highlights of which included a completely new haircut on Wednesday followed up by a completely new hair color on Saturday.  I haven't taken pics of the new color, but here's a shot of the new cut.  The old cut was down past my shoulders... I think we took off about 6 inches.


The new color is darker with a red undertone.  It's probably a little too dark, but I'm hopping it fades up into a slightly lighter shade in the next week or so.  We (stylist really...) put in a few chunks of violet in some of the under layers.  I love them.  They don't show up in all lighting situations, which is good.  I wanted some purple, but I didn't want it to scream purple.

My family had dinner together on Thursday before Mom & Dad flew to Brazil for their 18 month temple mission.  It was good to see everyone.  I really like it when my family is all together.

I've been stitching pretty good at work during my lunch breaks and am making good progress on Christmas ABC's by Lizzie*Kate.  I actually remembered to bring it home this week to take a picture!! (Shocker, I know!) I just have a few more things to fill in and it's time to move the hoop down. I'm seeing the end of the project and am starting to think about what I want to work on at work next.


And I found the Heirloom Nativity Sampler in it's bag behind some other projects that I had been sorting through.  I've finished up a couple rows of specialty stitches and am working on a band of white 'lace'.  That should take a couple of weeks to finish up...


I've also moved my stitching spot.  I went from this location in a spare bedroom:


To this spot in the main family room:


With a lovely view of the TV!


Woo-hoo!  I can watch/listen to my favorite shows as I stitch now.  I'm excited.  Why wasn't I set up here before?  Well Dad loves his TV, but I don't like all the mystery, lawyer, crime procedural shows that he loves.  So I chose to stitch where I didn't have to watch them.  But I'm in control of the remote now!  Mwa-ha-ha-ha-haaaa! ... Ahem... Pardon the evil laugh there...

I did stitch a bit on Flower Power this week.  But not really enough to show any progress on from the WIPocalypse post.  I know that International Hermit and Stitch weekend is coming up this weekend, and I have plans to do just that.  Sit and stitch... and do my laundry.  (Oooooooh, thrill a minute lifestyle!!)

Crafty Stitchy night with the girls is coming up this week too.  I am really looking forward to that.  I've got all the bits gathered up to make the Cowboys Jersey I stitched a few weeks ago into an ornament.  I hope it turns out really well.  It'll be my first finish of this variety that I've ever done.  It'll be a battle between perfectionist me and not-so-patient me.  Be interesting to see who wins that round.

About the only other exciting thing to have happened this week was the power went out at work on Tuesday just after lunch.  We hung around in my department trying to decide what to do, and when the power hadn't come back on after an hour, we packed it up and went home. ... Well, I went to the gym first, but eventually did get home.  The next day we found out the power had come on about an hour after we'd left, which is an hour before going home time, so I didn't feel bad about leaving at all.

I hope your week is productive, stitchy, and not nearly as crazy as the last.
Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

2 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Wow that was a big week! Love the new hair cut & the idea of violet highlights. Well done on your stitching, they are both looking great. Enjoy taking control of the remote - your new stitching spot looks just the ticket! Looking forward to seeing your finished ornaments ;0)

Anonymous said...

Hi

Love your new hair style, it's great.
Your stitching is beautiful.