Saturday, April 7, 2012

Liebster Comes for a Visit

I've been following the Liebster around the stitchers blogs for the past month or so.  I must say I've been able to add a ton of great new blogs to my reader.  Almost too many to read and keep up with, but you really can't have too much of a good thing!  And now the Liebster has landered here.  Everyone wander over to Lee-Ann's blog, A few of my Favourite Things (who nominated me for this award) and check her out!

Now some background information about the award :

Liebster is a German word, meaning favorite, dearest or beloved and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:

1) Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.

2) Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.

3) Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.

4) Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.

So here's 5 random things about me:

1)  The Easter Bunny does not come to my house.  No. The Easter Pig comes instead.  "The Easter Pig?" you say?  Yes.  The Easter Pig arrives and leaves a whole mess of chocolate on the kitchen table.  None of this hunting for your basket sort of thing.  No sir, the E.P. doesn't have time for that sort of thing (and he's kind of lazy anyway.)  The chocolate is left up front where it's easily accessible to everyone.

2) My dream job is to be a Professional Driver.  Not a long distance trucker kind of professional driver.  Nope.  I'm thinking more of the brand new car on sweeping curves in the commercials.  They ones where "Closed Course. Professional Driver." appears at the bottom of the screen.  I want to be that guy!  How do you get that job?

3)  I compulsively sing along to music.  It doesn't matter where I am, in the car, at work, shopping... If there's a song on, chances are I'm singing along.  Once upon a time my sister and I were at a buffet with some friends in Vegas.  A song came on and at the same time we started singing along (in harmony to each other none-the-less.)  One friend looked at us startled.  Another friend shrugged it off and said: "They always do that."

4)  I dropped a guy because he didn't think cross stitch was a 'cool' enough hobby. ... Well there were other things wrong with the relationship, but STILL.  I support you with your hobbies and dreams (even though I don't understand them), the same courtesy would be nice.

5)  I would much prefer to be independently wealthy. ... But then again, who wouldn't?

Okie dokie, now for those 5 blogs for nomination.  This is much more difficult because I think everyone I read in cross stitch land has already been warded the Liebster... If I completely disregard the bit about having less than 200 followers, I might get closer to the proper number.

1) Lisa, one of my BFF's, and her new blog No Worries; Craft Happens.  She stitches, she quilts, she beads, and she just started blogging this year so she could join the WIPocalypse.

2) Charity, another of my BFF's, and her blog Charity's Writing Journey.  She's striving to be a published author and this details her journey.  She's got 1 full novel under her belt and is working on two or three more.

3) Penny, my Mom. Her blog is Quilt 2 Sur5.  She's changing it up as bit as she and Dad leave for an 18 month mission to Brazil on Friday.  But her backlog of quilts is a lot of fun!

4) LJ, my fantasitc Aunt, actress, and baker.  Her blog Frosted! is all about her cupcake obsession.  Good eats!

5) Well hmm.... I'm having a devil of a time finding a 5th that hasn't already been nominated.  How about your put a link to your blog in the comments for everyone else to follow along to?  That'd be fun.  I do love to look at all the pictures of your projects.

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay


1 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

Kay, great post! Just love the 5 things about you. I can relate to #4 - sounds a bit like my ex. Thank you for all the new blogs ;0)

http://Firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com