Sunday, April 22, 2012

IHSW April Wrap-up

I finally managed to sit down with Flower Power and stitch on Sunday. It was me and the greens as I fleshed out a leaf headed down to the bottom of the scrolls, and then started the fill in work with a light green. There is still plenty to do with that light green filler, and then some with a green even lighter than that.  It's a good thing I don't hate stitching with green!


For the before IHSW roam back a couple of posts to see that picture.  I still haven't figured out how to correct for the pink hue of my photographs.  The coloring to the right of the piece is a little truer than what is being show to the left.

Quite by accident, I learned that the creator of my StitchMate floor stand has passed away.  I can't express how much I love my StitchMate, and what a wonderful job it does.  If it weren't for the StitchMate, I don't think I'd ever had even tackled Flower Power.  You can read Roger's obituary here and if you follow the link to the mortuary's page you can leave a personal condolence to the family. 

From what I understand and have read here and there, the business is on hold while the family searches for a trustworthy manufacturer.  In the mean time, the web page has been taken down (as most of you Google-ing have found).  I hope they are able to find a way to continue producing the StitchMate and it's accessories.  I was thinking about ordering a set of larger stretcher bars and perhaps the chart extension arm.  I am glad that I bought pretty much everything I thought I'd ever need when I made my initial order.  I clearly remember Roger making sure that I wanted four sets of the regular sized stretcher bars and the assorted lengths of scroll bars.  Yes, I was certain, and I'm so glad to have them now.

Now go hug your loved ones.
Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great job on Flower Power. The daisies are so cute :)

Joysze said...

Kay, this looks sooooooo good!!!! I love it.... over and over and over again. LOL!