Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Stitching Year!

It was nice to have a day off of work on the first. My sister and I wandered up to Shepherds Bush to check out their annual sale. I bought some flosses that I needed for the next house of Santa's Village and some pretty Needle Necessities flosses that they were clearing out. I'm thinking I need to find a nice monochromatic design and use the NN flosses on that.

On the way home from Shepherds Bush we stopped off at Ikea and I bought a cute little glass bowl to add to my window sill of pretty glass things. I thought I had a picture of the window sill to share but I don't. I'll have to get one once it warms up a bit and the sun shines more.

Anyway... I was able to work quite a bit on Santa's Village since I had the day off. I fixed up all the oopsies I made on it last week and kept on stitching. This little house is taking me much longer than I thought it would to complete! I hope that's not indicative of all the other houses to come.


I've been plugging away on the little Owls birth record.  Maybe today I'll get it done.  I'm looking forward to working on the Heirloom Nativity Sampler again.


And at the very end of 2012, I managed to get a finish in for the year.  I put the last stitch into Very Scary, the mystery sampler that Lizzie*Kate designed over the summer.  I'm really pleased with how my bottom border came out. 


After I took Very Scary off the Stitchmate, Flower Power went back on.  Another project that I'm looking forward to working on again.

I've updated my list of WIP's for the continuing WIPocalypse and you can click on the graphic there on the left to find out more about it.  I'm working on updating my other tabs and adding one for the Turtle Trot and my finishes from 2012.  I sort of fell off the wagon last summer when it came to posting updates on my SAL's when I came back from Italy.  I'm hoping to do better this year.

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Santa's Village looks cute. I like the fabric you chose.

♥ Nia said...

Santa's Village looks lovely!!! =)
Can I ask about the fabric you're stitching on? I'd love to know more about it!
hugs&smiles