Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sunday Stitch Update

Not to be confused with the Post IHSW post which should be tomorrow... Assuming I can manage to walk away from el time sink (the computer) and sit back down to Flower Power this afternoon.

Christmas ABC's by Lizzie*Kate is --> <-- close to being done. There are only stitches in white, red, and green to make and I'll be done with it. I suppose I could have finished it off this weekend with the IHSW, but I felt more like working on Flower Power.


For IHSW (click on the cute little crab button on the left for more information) I focused on Flower Power. I finished up as much of the back stitching as I can do right now and then attacked a butterfly. That darn thing is over 1. Every time I do some over 1 work I really gain an appreciation for those of you who are dedicated HAED stitchers. I don't think I could do it.


And I put some work into Garden of Love this morning while waiting for church to start. I love stitching and listening to the hymns played as prelude music. Just wonderful. The sad thing is, I've miscounted a couple of different times here. It's all gone skeewampus with that green flower stem. Since I don't have enough flosses to finish the design, I'm thinking I'm just going to have to fake my way through it. On the upside, that means it's definitely a one of a kind 'version'.


I hope you are getting in plenty of stitching time for IHSW!

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

6 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

ABC looks great. Can't wait to see it finished. Lovely progress on Flower Power and a great new start.

Veronica said...

Looking forward to a happy dance soon :) Flower Power is gorgeous! Over one stitching sure is pesky but so lovely when done.

I can't tell what mistakes you've made on Garden Love. Looks find to me.

Hugs,
Veronica.

mdgtjulie said...

Been there, done that. I'm always picking stuff out cause I put it in wrong. My problem is I just can't count, lol. Your IHSW progress looks good Kay!!

Stitching Noni said...

Garden of Love sounds very appropriate to stitch in church.... but looks like you will have to stop counting the beat of the hymns and count your stitches lol!!! All your projects are looking lovely ;0)

Bea said...

All your stitching is looking great. If you've miscounted in GoL it certainly doesn't jump out. Looks like a well spent IHSW.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

gorgeous stitching :D I love your alphabet! and I can't tell that you've miscounted!