I was a bit lazy yesterday and didn't post my weekly update. So here it is a day late. I also forgot to post my Post IHSW post too! Oh well. I didn't get much more done on the butterfly after my Sunday post last week, so you really didn't miss much.
I do, however have a finish to share:
Hurray! Hurray! I've finished up Christmas ABC's by Lizzie*Kate. I haven't ironed it yet... I saw on Jill Rensel's blog an amazing frame up of this piece and I'm debating if I want to send it up to Rensel Studios and ask her to do something similar to mine. It'll be stupid expensive, and that is enough for me to just press it out and tuck it in the drawer with all my other finishes.
Since Christmas ABC's was my at work project and is now completed, I took Kathy's Violets to work and it's now what I work on during my lunch break. This week I just added those Algerian eyelets on the set of violets to the right. I hate doing Algerian eyelets. They take forever! Ugh!
I've got Startits something fierce. I pulled the threads for Sampler aux Boquets. When I pulled them I didn't like the flosses, but now that I'm looking at them again in slightly different light, they don't bother me as much. I'm thinking of swapping out the blue in some spots for purple. We'll see. I'm also thinking of doing a conversion to Cosmo floss which is really nice stuff.
I stumbled across this beauty on a blog last month, or the month before that. There's just something about it that just speaks to me. I took some time and finally hunted it down. I've got a lovely hand dyed sky blue fabric that I want to put this on. I could start it right away!
I plugged away on Garden of Love a bit. I finished up the basket and started on the butterfly. For those who asked where I was off, (since it's hard to tell) the basket is one full stitch further to the right than it should be. I'm not sure if it is in the right spot vertically since the miscount is in the green vine. I know the one flower bud closest to the center of my fabric is in the right spot, so I'm counting off of that for the rest of the piece.
And I finished up the stitching on my over 1 butterfly on Flower Power. I need to do some green leaves and a pink flower before I can get all of the butterfly back stitched and his legs and antennae put on him. I'm looking forward to stitching those big pink flowers.
And that sums up this week of stitching craziness.
Hugs and Stitches,