Sunday, March 11, 2012

Not a whole lot of stitching

This post was almost going to be titled Not a Single Stitch, but I managed to squeeze some in on Saturday.  I have been a busy girl and so not a lot of time has been dedicated to stitching.  When I did have some free time this week, it was dedicated to planning the upcoming trip to Italy and Greece.  I'm pleased to announce that I've now got airfare to and from.  I'm very excited.

I've been seeing these cute little ort baskets all over blogland, and I guess my Mom has been seeing them too.  She made me one out of some of my favorite fabric.  I love it!  It's sitting here on my desk next to my computer.


This past week was also a church activity called Grandview Stake's Got Talent!  They asked for things to be displayed, plus performing acts.  I signed up to display some of my cross stitch.  There were other displays of model building, photography, quilting, drawing/painting/sketching, beadwork, and woodworking.  It was really a lot of fun to wander along and see what hobbies other people have.  Not surprisingly, mine was the only cross stitch there.


As I said, I nearly didn't do any stitching this week, but on Saturday I found a few hours and sat down and finished up Bazinga!  The pattern called for completely different colors, and the flowers and vines were five squares farther away from the word.  I didn't like that so I changed it.  You Big Bang Theory fans know the meaning of this.


I'm hoping for more stitching in this upcoming week.  The travel plans are pretty much set so there is less research for me to do.  I'm missing Flower Power again.

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

5 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Love the ort container your mum made for you. Great display and a lovely finish.

*-* said...

I do love your very pretty Ort basket, lucky you.

Veronica said...

That ort basket your mum made is so pretty. Congrats on a pretty finish. I love seeing your framed cross stitch pieces.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Joysze said...

Cute ORT jar, Kay. :D

LOL!!! I literally LOL'ed when I saw Bazinga!! Love it. :D

*-* said...

Kay I would love to know the name of the fabric you used for the LaDDa piece on the MB a week ago.
Thanks K.