Sunday, January 26, 2014

This and That for the end of January

Well January wraps up at the end of the week and I'm not quite sure what happened to the month.  Work has been crazy trying to close up the books for December and then doing all the additional year end stuff plus the tax reports that need to go out to the investors before we start the whole process closing the monthly books again at the end of the week.  I feel like I'm about three days behind with everything!

I've managed to get to the gym regularly this past two weeks and I'm starting to see a drop off from all the people who started at the beginning of the year with their new years resolutions.  I can find a parking spot, get my favorite machine, and not wait for the dressing room again.  Yay!

I started working on one of the Valentine Trifles by Shepherds Bush this week.  I bought most of the stuff for it when I went up to the shop a few weeks ago.  I'm using the called for flosses and fabrics and I've already managed to get off a stitch.  I stared at that last 'e' for quite a while before deciding I was just going to go with it.


The color is a bit off since the project is on a blue table cloth.  The linen is really quite a bit whiter.  This one will turn out cute as can be.

It's time for the monthly Stitch from Stash report. For January I spent $24.90 and all of it was for the Valentine Trifles.  The pattern, the linen, and a couple of the flosses that I didn't have in my stash.  What's been hard is avoiding buying some beautiful kits that Herschners has had on sale.  So many pretty pansy kits that I want!

I'm back to trying to take a decent picture of my nails.  I've been feeling a bit valentinesie and so that's the theme I've rocked the past couple of weeks.  Two weeks ago I wore this pink princess of a combo:


The base it two coats of OPI's  Princesses Rule! which is a sheer shimmery polish.  I have two coats on and the demarcation line on my nails is visible.  I was impatient and spread it on a bit thick so I got bubbles as it dried.  I need to learn to be more patient.  On top of that I layered KBShimmer polish's Candy Cane Crush which is a mix of white and red hex and round polishes with some tiny gold flecks mixed in for good measure.  Sure it's a Christmas polish, but pink, red, and white is Valentines day.  Above is a slightly fuzzy/blurry pic with out the flash, below is a pic with the flash on.


Now this past week I went with a darker base polish and more glitter.  Well... maybe not as much glitter, but still!


The base coat is OPI's Ate Berries in the Canaries which is a nice creme polish. I put on two coats and like last week was not as patient as I should be and got some bubbles.  On top of that I layered Nicole by OPI's Love Your Life.  This polish was hard to use because all the hearts fall to the bottom.  I kept the bottle upside down all week and I still had to fish around for the hearts.  As a result the micro glitters weren't spread out evenly over the nail.  Still cute.  Above is the flashless pic, below is the flashfull pic.


Coming up in February I'm going to get to be a dresser for a local production of Les Miserable.  I'm very excited.  Although this means that I will get less sleep, less stitching, and less time at the gym.  I'll get paid a small amount and all that will go to my new fund for a down payment on a house.  Did I mention that I'm excited?

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay





1 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

I have no idea where time is going either! Lovely new start :o)