Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy 2014

Happy 2014 everyone. I know about nearly two weeks late, but that's just how things seem to be going recently. I did spend some time on January 1st updating the tab that has my WIP's (aka the WIPocalypse/Turtle Trot tab) and I've updated the Lose to Cruise tab again. I'm still a chubby girl working to be less chubby.

I haven't been stitching as much as I'd like. Since I'm the Primary Secretary for my Ward I've been spending a bit of time making up the rolls and rosters, putting together the schedules for our teachers so they know which lesson to teach when, and other random minutia of keeping things organized. One thing that I'm excited about is our private facebook group that helps us keep in touch with the kids and their parents. It makes sending out reminders so much easier. I also started back working at the Temple on Saturday mornings. I've missed it while the Temple was closed for cleaning over the Holidays. It's nice to be back.

Work is cranking up with end of the year accounting stuff that needs to be done in addition to the usual list of things. I feel like I'm always about three days behind schedule, but so do all of my fellow accountants so I guess that means I'm not that far behind after all.

It was Crafty-Stitchy night with the girls this past week. LBH was working on making tons of white pom-pom balls from white yarn. Her youngest has a birthday coming up and he wants to have a snowball fight at part of the party. Since snow is not guaranteed, she was making the pom-poms. I worked away on the Holly & Hearts mystery sampler by Lizzie*Kate. I have discovered that I'm not a big fan of primitive alphabets. So I force myself to stitch a few letters and then I work on something else, and then a few more letters. Here is where I am at thus far.


I officially joined one SAL this year, it's the Stitch from Stash SAL run by Mel over at Epic Stitching. The deadline for joining has past, but you can click on the button there to the left to read all about it. The goal, of course, is to stitch from stash this year, but you can spend $25 a month on stitchy stuff. I'm a bit embarrassed to say that I've already blown my allowance for January. LMS and I went to Shepherds Bush back on the 5th and I spotted their new Valentines pattern. So I picked up the pattern and some small cuts of fabric and a couple of flosses to stitch with. I came in just under the limit at $24.90. I think I'll have to wait until February before I can pick up the buttons that need to go on the pattern.


No new nail pictures for y'all. I did buy a few new polishes over the long silence, my favorite being a KBShimmer glitter polish for Christmas. When layered over a nice silver base it looks like I'm wearing Christmas on my fingers. I loved it. I'm a little bummed that I have to wait another 10 months before I can wear it again. With Valentines Day coming up, I'm thinking it'll be a lot of red, pink, and white on my nails. I don't know if I'll do pictures or not... I'm abysmal with nail photos.

Thank you so much for all the nice comments I've received from you all wondering where I've been. I've been here, just quieter than usual. I'll try to keep up the stitching and blogging this year. I can't believe my 3rd blogoversary was the other day... I guess really I blogged for 1 year, half of the second year, and maybe a third of the third year. It's not such a great pattern!

I think that's it for me for this evening. I hope the beginning of the year is going good for you as well as it has for me.

Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

0 comments: