Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Stitching

Well, it's been an odd week.  I didn't get much done during the week as Grandma was feeling poorly and I was doing my best to cheer her up and get her feeling better.  On Thursday my Aunt and I took her into the emergency room and I am very sad to say that she passed away early Friday morning.  Heart failure.  However, we do believe in an after life and I know that she is now without aches and pains, can see perfectly clearly again, and is reunited with her husband and all of her family and friends who have passed on before her.

The rest of the weekend has been filled with funeral plans as all of Grandma's children have gathered together.  There has been some stitching.  I've made a little heart to tuck into Grandma's casket.  While I know she really can't take it with her, it comforts me to think that she'll have it with her.  Here it is before I get it sewn up into a little pillow.

Today was Sunday and I started on my next Wiseman.  I got a lot stitched on him while I listened to Dad and my Aunts and Uncle plan the program for the funeral and write up the obituary.  There's a lot to do with this death thing.  I urge all of you to get your wills, living wills, power of attorney (money and medical), and other related items all in order.  Grandma had her papers in order and that has helped things out immensely!  This will be a little rememberance that I'll keep.  Anyway, here he is:
During a break in driving up and down the road, from my house to grandma's, to mom and dad's house, I managed to get my little quilt on the long arm.  I've done about two and half rows of a floral pattern. You can see a bit of the design down in the lower right hand corner on the machine.  Hopefully I'll be able to get it done this week... Sometime in between running up and down the road, attending all the funeral related events.
I hope your week brings you some joy.  Go hug those close to you and tell them how much you love them.

1 comments:

Daffycat said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmother passing away. The little heart is such a sweet gesture of remembrance.*hugs*