Sunday, May 19, 2013

Stitching on this and that and the other one too.

What with it being International Hermit and Stitch Weekend and all I made an effort to actually put in some solid time stitching.  I ended up touching three projects and getting about three or so hours in on each of them.  If you'd like more information on the IHSW click on the little crab button there to the left.

I first put some time into Lavender Pansies by The Silver Lining.  I finished up the last bit of stitching on the petals of the upper left most pansy.  It all kind of looks like a lavender blur, but I bet as soon as I get the backstitching on it will look much better.  I'm stitching this over 2 on 32 count waterlilies linen with the called for flosses.


Sunday morning I worked on the Heirloom Nativity Sampler by The Victoria Sampler.  I added a lot more snow, the blanket on the donkey, the stable, and started in on the sheep.  I'm stitching this over two on 28 count china blue linen... or maybe it's delft blue linen... I forget.


This afternoon I worked away on Halloween Rules by Lizzie*Kate.  I guess I'm probably halfway through the block and once I finish the block I'll be halfway through the pattern.  Yay!  I think this is a 32 count linen and I'm stitching it over two with the called for flosses.  The fabric is by Sassy's Fabbys.


The dwarf lilac bushes have bloomed out and they are a nice light shade.  I went outside to take a picture of the leggy bush and this is what I found visiting.


The wind was blowing and it was a bit of a challenge to get a non fuzzy picture.  Later after the butterfly had left, I went out with nippers and cut a few blooms to bring in.  The scent is delicious.  I used the cut-and-stuff method of flower arranging and tucked them into a vase from Grandma S.


And lastly, the sun was shining in my room this afternoon so I took a picture of it.


Hugs and Stitches (and Sunshine)
Kay

5 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet stitching x

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Great WIP progress, and your lilacs and butterfly visit are so lovely! LOL @ "the cut-and-stuff method of flower arranging" - finally, I can say I graduated in a florist course too, ha! You bouquet looks lovely, my Grandma has a lilac tree and often displays her blooms in a white milk glass vase too, such a pretty contrast isn't it? And they smell so sweet :) Your quilt is beautiful too!

♥ Nia said...

Nice progress! Looking good :)
I love your LK! Stitched the same last year :D

Marcy said...

Your stitching looks great. I do love the smell of lilacs.

Orlythe said...

Beautiful stitching! I've always been afraid to use those handy little clutch hoops on big projects -- do you find that they don't damage stitches?