Sunday, August 12, 2012

The rest of the stuff

Mostly it's been looking for a job with stitching in between. Since the job hunt isn't very photogenic, all there is to look at is stitching.

I'm thinking I should finish up Garden of Love this afternoon. Well... finish up the stitching for the colors I have. I've run out of fresh raspberries, so there are a few pink motifs missing. I'll have to order a skein of that. And I'm pretty sure I won't be able to finish the border with the amount of empress I have left, so I'm going to have to order a skein of that too. Although, probably not in the near future.


I finished up the stitching on part 1 of Very Scary the same day that part 2 arrived in the mail.  Well... the mail arrived first so I sat down and finished up part 1.


I then proceeded to 'go to town' with part 2. I'm missing Flower Power so am trying to get part 2 done so I can get back to stitching on it. The lettering stitches up quickly.



I must say that if I had seen the second part of the sampler I wouldn't have bought it. I'm not enamored with the colors of the wording nor the phrase itself. Oh well, we're this far into it, may as well finish it up.

I've been helping out part time at a little travel agency with some of my free time. I really like it. Mostly what I have been doing is researching the trips they want to take groups on next summer. There will be a land tour of Italy in April, and a river cruise (or two) in September. They had initially looked at a Baltic cruise in July, but that was ruled out after getting feedback from some of their most loyal travelers. It looks like next week I'll be working more on the river cruise research. I've also been researching things to do and day trips and what-not for a client who is going to Australia next year. I've learned a lot and the list of places I want to see and things I want to do is just growing. That's the major downside of being a travel agent. That and the pay is kind of iffy.

Oh well, I keep applying to those accounting jobs. I hope I find something sooner rather than later.

This upcoming Friday MD and I are off to Arches National Park. She decided she wanted to do a road trip somewhere and volunteered to pay for the whole thing if I came along. (Gas, entrance to the park, etc.) So off we go. It will be a long day since it's a 3.5 hour drive one way and we're going to do what we can in one day. Maybe there will be more driving down the road photos. I need something that I can have mounted to my dash with a simple button to snap a picture whenever I feel like it.

Anyway, hope your week is good and productive!
Hugs and Stitches,
Kay

2 comments:

cucki said...

all you wip's are so cute..i love the progress on LK mystery sampler..me still waiting for part 2.
hugs xxx

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Australia us a beautiful place :) if they're coming near Brisbane I can help tell you what's here. Beautiful stitching.